Sunday, December 4, 2011

Success - Part One

I successfully defended my research proposal on Wednesday afternoon at Harrisburg University - Yippee!  Dr. Gould attended and (after some technical issues) we Skyped in Dr. Miller and Dr. Eagle.  The format went as explained and there are some revisions to make this week.  I was surprised by some of the feedback (too many instruments) and now need to think about how I can apply the feedback to my proposal.  During our executive session on Friday, Dr. Gould told me to just defend anything that I feel needs to stay as presented.  I need to remember that I can fight for particular aspects of my research that I feel strongly about, sine this is MY research, after all.  This is a helpful reminder as I move forward in the process.

Dr. Eagle suggested that I consider a teacher's perspective on whether or not creativity can be taught as I review my data.  If a teacher feels that relativity is simply innate, that assumption needs to be addressed before any meaningful development can occur.  This will most likely become an important part of my final outcomes and implications for the future.  As for now, I actually believe that I will get to the end of this process and am looking forward to the next steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment