Friday, June 24, 2011

The beginning....sort of

I started the journey towards obtaining my doctorate in the fall of 2009 with a background in teaching mathematics and after a single year as a school administrator.  Writing was certainly not viewed my me as a personal strength, but more as a functional skill.  Over the past two years, I have written more through the Drexel program than I ever imagined (or - frankly  wanted) to think about.  Nontheless, I am facing a looming dissertation and need to become more confident with my writing abilities and skills as I move forward into the final stage of earning the right to be called Dr. Lorfink.  Today, I am beginning a course in Research Writing and this portfolio is a product of that course.  This journal will document my frustrations and successes as I move towards publishable written products in my research area.  Follow along, if you wish, on my journey into becoming a more accomplished research writer.       

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Becky!! I know you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think a separate "About" page is needed to describe the purpose of the journal and relationship to the course?

    ReplyDelete