- Revise annotations so they are between 150-200 words EXACTLY. I thought this was a guideline, an approximation, but this is a specific expectation. So, I need to be more concise with some and add to several others.
- Change any first person to third person, such as "the researcher..." instead of I or me. Hmmm...I had thought I was to reflect in the first person, but I may have misunderstood. Easy enough to fix, though!
- Connect articles to other sources from the literature review or the within the annotations. I have printed the draft with the intent of physically cutting and sorting the annotations. I am hoping this will help me to connect the pieces better. After our WIMBA session this week, I wanted to do this anyway to help develop my literature map. In reality, this task should make the process more concrete as I assemble the pieces into the big picture.
In the meantime, I am off on vacation next week and will spend time catching up on my course readings and may work on the annotated bibliography revisions and perhaps start integrating the new sources into my original literature review.
On another topic, I started a One Note notebook for my research. This tool will enable me to organize my stumblings, photos, links, and e-mails into one location. With any luck, it will keep me together over the next few months as I move towards the official proposal defense!

No comments:
Post a Comment